Thursday, February 20, 2014

You Don't Have to Pay These People Any Attention(Controlling Your Anger and Reactions Towards Others).

Anger, frustration, hate, bitterness; words and emotions that are rehashed over and over again, but these words tend to describe how a lot of people these days feel more often than not. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that it's unnatural or not normal for us to become angry at times. I'll admit that being angry or frustrated at times is very normal, and you're sorely mistaken if you believe that there is no one person that gets mad from time to time. I'm one of those people that believes that some forms of anger are quite justified, while others aren't so much. I also believe that some people take their anger out on others unjustly, which can sometimes lead to damaged relationships. Then again, you can be one of those people that doesn't pay these people that seem to be angry a lot any attention. That's another option, one that I tend to prefer. Welcome to another edition of 'Brad H.'s Perspective'.

So we're back at it once again. For this week's posting, we'll be getting into the topic of anger and how the majority of people react to others that come at them in an angry manner. As I stated earlier, being and becoming angry from time to time is quite normal. However, I believe that some of us allow anger to consume us. Now lets bring up a question to think about just for a sec. How do the majority of people react whenever someone comes at them with an attitude, or you happen to come across someone that is being rude? If you're one of those people that believe that most people would get an attitude right back or reciprocate that rudeness back towards the person, then you're probably right. It's amazing how seemingly small altercations and arguments break out because people choose to fight fire with fire.

There are times where fighting fire with fire is okay, and sometimes that's the only option left. However, there are also times when you can diffuse that fire with water. You don't have to pay nor give any attention to people that are angry, bitter, etc. Sometimes just walking away and letting a person be is the best option. In fact, walking away is sometimes the best option left to possibly show a person that their way of handling people isn't always right. On many occasions when people unjustly direct their anger towards you, they're doing it because they either want attention from you, or they're trying to get a rise out of you. There are many reasons and whatever they may be, you don't have to always fight fire with fire. Just like the saying "there's more than one way to skin a cat", there's always different methods and techniques you can use to combat against others besides becoming angry and belligerent.

What does anger really do for us? Lets think about a few things in regards to anger and what it does for you. Anger normally equates to doing and saying reckless things to others that you may not even mean at the time. It can cloud your judgement in most cases, and can result in you doing something that you'll likely regret down the road. A lot of angry people tend to have health problems like high blood pressure, and they seem to stay stressed out about so many times. I don't know about you, but I don't see a lot of benefits from being angry all the time. I was once that guy that allowed my anger to control me at times when I was a bit younger. Now that I've learned just to let certain things and people go, I've found that I'm more at peace within. Anger and stress are not things that I want to dominate my life.

I'm going to go ahead and end this week's post, but I'm going to sum everything up by saying this. You don't have to pay any attention to people that take their problems out on you and others. You can always choose to walk and and not deal with or confront them. I see anger as a form of control and when you lowering yourself to others level, you're relinquishing control of your mind and emotions over to them. Focus on your training your mind on controlling your anger and reactions to others. Just like I heard in a movie once; "An angry mind is a narrow mind." Invest your frustrations and anger into things that can better you, and never ever give a person more control over your than they deserve.

Well that's it for this week's 'Brad H.'s Perspective' post. This post like the rest of my posts apply to me and me alone. Anything that I've written here is intended to be viewed as advice that you can either take or not. Whether you found it useful or not, I thank you for taking out the time to read. Alright I'm signing out, so everything take care, stay up, and keep on maintaining. See you in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment