Monday, May 21, 2012

Be your own motivator!


Hello once again good people. It's ya man Brad H coming back at you again with another weekly edition of "Brad H's Perspective". As always I hope this blog post reaches everyone in great health and spirits. As for me, I'm doing better myself. I had gotten sick early last week, so that slowed me down for a few days. It was even more unfortunate because I had to miss a few days of running. Some of you may remember that I mentioned in a couple of blog posts ago that I set a goal of 25 total miles of running for the month of May. My little sick spell held me back a few days. However, I'm now back on track and feeling much better. I think that Runkeeper, which is the site I use to track my runs has a option of posting runs to a blog. I'll be sure to check next time, and if so, I'll start posting my running activities on here. There is also something else that happened recently that excited me. I got the opportunity to see "Marvels: The Avengers" yesterday. This was the first movie for 2012 that I was highly anticipating to go see, and it definitely didn't disappoint. Being a huge fan of comic book and hero movies, I enjoyed it a lot. I hope some of you have been able to see it also. Alright it's time to get into this weeks topic.

Many of us constantly look to other people to help keep us motivated. I'm in no way saying this is a bad thing, it most definitely isn't. I will be the first to admit that there are tons of information and sources I use to help keep myself motivated. When I'm working out or running, I think about and refer a lot of the videos I've watched of great athletes or personal trainers. People who excelled at whatever sport they were good at, or words of wisdom they use always inspires me. Sometimes I may read a blog or article about someone who got themselves into excellent shape, or became more healthier by losing weight. Things of this nature this play a large role in my motivation. As great as outside factors besides ourselves are for motivation, it's important for us to be our own motivators as well. I know this concept may sounds really simple to some, but many of us are solely using the motivation from others as our primary motivating factor. If there are goals we want to achieve or obstacles we are looking to get past, we have to look within ourselves first. Everything that we do must start within ourselves. Other factors that we use for motivation are only supposed to help enhance what we already have within us.

I could use this blog that I post on as a prime example. I have to have a passion for writing in this blog and keeping it updated on a regular basis. When I read other peoples blogs or watch others post video vlogs on various online platforms, it encourages me to want to step up my game. However, it doesn't matter how much I read or watch others if I'm not personally driven by something within me. We can't always use others to be our sole source of being motivation. We need to find things and interests that we like, and focus on being our own primary motivators. Use the motivation from others to help you create and enhance what you should already have inside of you. If you can't find that fire or drive to do something, then it's most likely not for you. There's no need to force anything. If it's really something that you're interested in, you will naturally enjoy doing it.

Alright folks that's it for this installment of Brad H's Perspective. Just to recap real quick, focus on being your primary motivator. Lets allow the things we want to do in life be all us and not about other people. Try to stay personally driven. There may come a time where others aren't around to push us, so we gotta look deep within ourselves and find that source of strength. It's a simple, but important concept. One that I don't think can be stressed enough. So what do you think about this topic? I would love to see others feedback on this along with my other topics in general. Feel free to drop comments and leave your opinions. We're all on here to learn. Well I'm out peeps, but we'll be back later on in the week, or early next week if God says the same. I hope you enjoyed reading this blog and post, and hopefully it helped provide some extra motivation. I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm already feeling more motivated. Till next time, peace, love, and blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment