Monday, November 21, 2011

Review of week 7 of Couch to 5k.

Hello once again world. It's ya boy Brad H. coming back at you again. As always I hope this reaches everyone in great health and spirits. This blog post is another review of the "Couch to 5k" running program that I'm currently doing. If you read my last post, you know that I finished up week 6. I'm happy to report that I finished week 7 of the program yesterday. I am officially on week 8 now, and after this week, I only have one more week to go. It has definitely been a journey so far. It's a journey that I'm loving also.

Week 7 was another challenging week. However, unlike the last few weeks, all the runs were the same for each day of the week. Each day started out with a five minute warm-up walk as always. A 25 minute run followed. Again there was no walking during the run. The first day of week 7 was extremely challenging. This was the day that I ran in the neighborhood. The main difference between the neighborhood and the park is that there slight hills in the neighborhood. As you may know, running up hills make running more challenging. I struggled on this day, but I was able to finish and get it done. Upon finishing, I felt very confident that I could complete the rest of the week. My day 2 run took place at the local park. After doing my five minute warm-up walk, I got into the run. It was hard starting out, but I would say 10 minutes into the run I was good. It was also encouraging seeing other people running while I was there running also. I finished up strong, and I was surprised at how good I was feeling following my run.

I done day 3 of week 7 on yesterday, which was a Sunday. It was again another tough day. It took me a few minutes to get started up and into my groove. It was also a bit warmer this day than previous days, so that definitely played a factor. Again I was able to push through it and get it done. I felt a lot of relief when the guy on the podcast said I only had a minute left to go. I dug deep and continued to push. My face was covered in sweat afterwards, but once again it was a great feeling finishing. We are officially on week 8 now. I don't know what this week will include since I have yet to download the podcast. I know it's going to be tough, but I'm ready for the challenge. The only issue this week for me will be that I'm going out of town for Thanksgiving. I will be gone 3 days, so I will need to find somewhere to run on one of those days. Hopefully I will be able to find somewhere to do that. Well that's it for tonight's post. If you don't hear back from me before Thanksgiving, I want to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you all enjoy, and I hope to be writing you again soon. Till then peace love and blessings to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment