Sunday, December 24, 2017

Things Can Only Improve If You Keep Persevering (Motivation Headed Into 2018).

Depending on how well you handle things, as well as how strong of a mindset you may have, one of the harshest facts of life is that life can be very difficult to cope with at times. There is so much unpredictability that comes along with living life, and if you don't consistently stay on top of your mental capacity daily, finding peace and joy within can be an uphill climb. In a perfect world, we would all be able to live, laugh and love without any of the stresses or strife that we all encounter occasionally. Just like how perfection is unattainable, a perfect world doesn't exist, which means that we all have to learn how to live in an imperfect world. For many, negative thoughts and feelings can become the norm when you feel like you're on a roller coaster of bad things continuously happening in your life. Some people may say things like "just pray about it", or "think more positive", etc. While this is all good advice and if we're being honest, these phrases are definitely true. However, for a person that has been dealing with so many negative things without a breakthrough coming in, it can be very difficult to remain positive and upbeat when you feel as if there isn't much hope for the future. I believe that this is a state of mind that can become a breeding ground for negativity and hopelessness. Feeling helpless and hopeless shouldn't be a chronic mindset that we have, so it is mindful be aware that regardless of what you're dealing with in your life, things can only look up if you keep on persevering.

What's going on guys? It is I Brad H. back once again, and I'd like to welcome you all to the end of 2017 installment of 'Brad H.'s Perspective'! I am back once again to hopefully dish out some knowledge and inspiration that will hopefully keep us inspired in this wild world that we're living in. Hope all has been good and well for everyone as of late. Well this is the final topic for the year 2017. I mentioned in the last topic that I was probably going to reflect on how challenging this year has personally been for me. Don't get me wrong, there have been some high points for me this year. However, if I'm being honest with myself, the bad has outweighed that good. Instead of reflecting on this year, I wanna talk about something that I mentioned in the last post. I mentioned how so many people usually transition around this time of the year. Well unfortunately, my family has suffered a loss exactly a week before Christmas Day. My grandmother's second youngest brother passed away on the early morning of December 18th. Although he had been very for a long time, his passing was definitely unexpected for most of my family. The last time we saw him as a family was on Thanksgiving. Upon leaving him on Thanksgiving day, I recall my sister mentioning that she didn't really like seeing him in the shape that he was in. She told me a few days after his passing that when she saw him on Thanksgiving that she felt like he didn't have long left here. Mind you, she didn't tell me this until several weeks after Thanksgiving. I say that to say that often time we never know when it will be the last time that we see someone. Life is so unpredictable, so it is essential to try and treasure those close to you. I wanna close by saying that I hope you rest easy uncle Grover. We know how much you have suffered over the years, but you can finally rest peacefully now. Alright, now we can go ahead and talk more about this week's topic of improving through persevering.

As with the usual format I use before getting into the main talking point for the week, I'd like to go ahead and give the regular disclaimer that I use. Every single one of us have different views and ideas when it comes to any topic. The objective here isn't to try to change or alter anyone's beliefs, but rather to hopefully educate and encourage others to view a particular topic in a way in which they may not have before. The basic goal is to provide some insight and inspiration that gets the juices in our brains to flowing. Just like every other part of the body that is working when the blood gets flowing, the brain is similar as well when it comes to thought. I am just one person with an opinion, so I don't expect everyone to share in my views. Regardless if you agree or not, I am happy that you chose to come by and see what I have to say. As for how this topic came to be, I can mainly point to this year in general for the motivation to write this. I've mentioned previously how rough this year has been for me, as well as several other people that I am close to. There have been instances throughout this year where others, as well as myself have thought about giving up on the things we're trying to achieve. I'm sure that some of you can relate to this. These instances that I'm referencing have come and gone, but the fact is that as long as we're alive and breathing, they will likely happen again sometime. Starting right here right now, we have the opportunity to head into 2018 with a more positive and optimistic outlook of how we see our live and goals. The time to give up isn't here, so perseverance is what will be required to keep on going.

Now if you are an individual that is into personal development and motivational speakers, you have probably heard of a very well known speaker named Eric Thomas. He is someone that I admire quite a bit, and I know for sure that I have mentioned him in previous installments. Anyway, there was a video of his that I watched on Youtube where he was talking about perseverance and not giving up. In order to help to get his point across, there was an illustration that was shown within the video. The picture featured two men, both of whom had shovels in their hands. There were diamonds featured in both men's screens, however, one of the men was using his shovel to dig away at the diamonds, while the other was walking away in defeat. Now here comes the important aspect of the illustration. Both men were only a few more digs with their shovel from knocking down the dirt that was directly in front of the diamonds. They were both so close to their goal, but one of them walked away right before the victory was at hand. It was a simple cartoon illustration, but it was one that I think says a lot. Too many of us often give up right before the victory that we're seeking is near. I believe that because we're often not able to see that the victory is right around the corner, we opt to give up and go the other direction like the digger that was featured in the illustration. Just like Eric Thomas referred to in his video, all he had to do was dig just a little more to reach those diamonds. Since he walked away too quickly, he didn't achieve his goal, despite being right at the cusp of it.

So how does this illustration tie-in with this week's topic? Well as I mentioned already, some of you may have dealt with many challenges during 2017. Whatever those challenges may be are totally unique to your situation and circumstances. However, more than likely depending on what those challenges have been, they have likely left you not feeling too optimistic at times throughout this year. There are levels to everything, and from my perspective, optimism or lack thereof is no different. I say this to say that if you've experienced a lack of optimism for your life at sometime throughout this year, you've probably dealt with feeling hopeless also. Now back to the illustration that I referred to in Eric Thomas's video. Although there is no way to prove it beyond the actions that we see, the digger that gave up and chose to walk away likely done this due to feeling hopeless that he would eventually reach those diamonds. Now the illustration deals with diamonds, but those diamonds can represent anything in our lives. They can be something related to academics, business, relationships, etc. Whatever it is that you want to do or achieve requires patience and perseverance, but this state of mind should also apply to life in general. As I mentioned earlier, life can be difficult to cope with at times, and it is okay to get down at times. The point is to rise back up and have belief that whatever is happening in your life can only improve if you believe and persevere.

I often disclaim that I try to promote deep thinking and motivation here. I think that added motivation for this upcoming new year is where I wanted to go with this topic. I know that many of you including myself have faced difficulties this year, but we are still here and kicking because we are fighters that don't give up. Life may bend us at times, but we never break completely. Sure we deal with storms and hardships, and those trials knock us down at times. However, despite those dark moments in our lives, we have a belief that there is a light that is on the other side. I want you all to keep this in mind since we're heading into a new year. If you do no already adopt this philosophy, you don't have to wait till 2018 to do so; you can try and start right now. So for all my people out there that are dealing with things in your life, things can only improve if you keep on keeping on. There is a battle between us and this life that is going on, but remember it is a battle within our minds. The quote that I'm going to leave you all with that deals with this topic comes from one of my heroes; Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. I'm sure it is one that you've heard before, but it goes; "If you can't fly, then run, if you can't run, then walk, if you can't walk, then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward."

Well that is it everyone. That is all I have for you this time, so I'm going to go ahead and wrap up this final edition for 2017 of 'Brad H.'s Perspective'! I again want to express my gratitude for those of you that take out the time to read these topics. The feedback that I receive on Twitter and other formats truly touches my soul. It is very uplifting and empowering to see that there are people out there that want to become the best versions of themselves possible. If you have any comments or feedback, please leave them below, or you can follow me on Twitter @BradrickH. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and happy holidays. Lets try to end this year on a high note, and keep that momentum going for 2018. Thank you all again for the support. See you all in 2018!

©2017 Bradrick H. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment