Friday, November 11, 2016

Everything Starts With A Solid Foundation (Going Back To The Source).

Most of us have heard that a strong foundation is essential to building a sturdy house. While a strong foundation may be the key to a house or building, it also applies to the importance of having a strong foundation for life. As with anything in life, the foundation is often the starting point of whatever endeavors and pursuits we chase in life. In general, a more stronger and well put together foundation is often the catalyst for having success. Of course there are exceptions when it comes to this theory, but it is generally thought by many to be true. One thing that I've come to notice over the last few years is how so many people seem to have strayed away from some of the biggest foundations that we grew up with. Simple things like family, love, and kindness seem to have taken a backseat in favor of more worldly things. I realize that everybody's circumstances in which they grew up are different, so I'm speaking mainly to the people that grew up in fairly good households and neighborhoods that provided a decent foundation for you. Some of us hold onto those simple values and maintain them throughout life, while others have totally abandoned them on the path towards progressing in life. I personally believe that this is one of the main reasons why so many people are unhappy and feel a sense of emptiness inside. It's truly unfortunate if this applies to anyone out there, but the good news is there is hope for everyone that may feel this way. Everything starts with a solid foundation, and sometimes going back to the source is necessary for regaining that inner peace.

Hey what's up ladies and gentlemen? It is I Brad H. once again, and I'd like to welcome everyone to another edition of 'Brad H.'s Perspective'! As always, I'm here to give my personal perspective on the various thoughts and ideas that flow throughout my brain on a regular basis. I try to take those thoughts and put them into words that can hopefully serve as inspiration to others, as well as for myself. Before getting into the meat of this week's topic, I want to take a few moments and talk about the 2016 presidential election that took place this week here in the United States. I normally keep political and religious topics off this blog, but I'd like to take a moment and give my opinion on why I feel the election turned out the way that it did. We all know by now that Donald Trump is now the president elect. We're also aware that him being elected is not the outcome that many expected. I'll admit that I was one of those that thought Clinton would narrowly win, but it also doesn't surprise me much that Trump won. I'm not into throwing blame around, but if there were any blame to go around, in my opinion, the Democratic party is probably the biggest reason for Trump being elected. Throughout this election cycle, there was so much corruption that took place within the Democratic party that favored Hillary Clinton. They pretty much forced her as the nominee, and clearly felt like people would just fall in line; not because they liked Clinton, but rather for having a legit fear of what a President Trump would look like. In my opinion, that strategy doesn't work, and it obviously didn't this time. You have to give people a reason to want to support you, and it just can't be because the other guy is so bad. I think that had a lot to do with Clinton's demise in this election. Regardless of who anyone voted for, Donald Trump will be our next president. We can either make things worse by not accepting it, or we can try to work together as a country to move forward. That's all I really have to say about it. Alright, lets go ahead and get into this week's topic.

Before going more depth in this topic, I always let it be known in my writings that a person's individual viewpoint on any topic will vary. The end goal here isn't to focus on what is considered to be right or wrong, but rather to hopefully give anyone that reads these topics something to think about further. If anyone disagrees or happens to feel differently than I do about this topic, that is totally okay. All thoughts are welcome here, and the promotion of knowledge from everybody is something that I believe in. So for a little introspective in how this topic came to be. This is actually a topic that I've been talking about recently with a few of my family members. As I mentioned earlier, I've been relating it a lot as to why I believe so many people in today's society seem to feel empty on the inside. I'm not going to talk like I have all the answers, nor do I know everything. In fact, some or maybe all of what I'm going to say on this topic may very well not apply to you. However, I do feel that this is a topic that could maybe give some insight into why and how we can feel more joy inside. As I stated earlier, many of us have gotten away from the simple things in life that brought us real happiness. Whether there is good or bad going on within our lives, there is always a source in which those emotions begin. I believe that tapping into the foundation is not only the best way to figure out what's causing the issues, but it can also serve as a starting point for rebuilding if necessary.

Something that I often talk about with others about is the importance of how the kind of foundation our relationships with others begin with. Normally, the things that we have in common with others are the things that we build our friendships and relationships with. For example, if you have a childhood friend that you and this person had a similar passion for video games when the two of you were younger, that likeness between the two of you will probably last as your friendship goes on. Now lets say that you meet someone, and the biggest thing that you and this person have in common in the desire for have a lot of money. Lets say that you end up borrowing money from this person, and you find yourself in a situation where you're not able to pay them back when you said you would. Since the love for money is what brought you together, this would probably cause a rift in that friendship right? Now many of you may say that this would cause a rift in any friendship regardless if the love of money is the thing that two people have in common. While that may be true, do you think it would make a difference if the desire for money wasn't the sole thing that brought these two friends together? In other words, do you think that it would be easier to understand and forgive if there was something else besides the love of money that was the foundation for the friendship? While I do believe there are some exceptions, I do believe that two people whom friendship started by a genuine like and care for one another would likely be more forgiving.

Now that I've thrown around a few ideas of what I believe entails a strong foundation in relationships, I want to get into the importance of going back to the source. Now as I mentioned before, I view the source as the point where most of our happiness begins. Some may differ with me on what I'm about to say, but I personally don't feel that we were born to constantly feel miserable and unhappy. Remember back to those days of growing up as a kid; the days where you were carefree, and life was much more simpler? The days where you spent the majority of your time doing things with your family and friends? Now as we age and become older, those times tend to slowly drift further and further away, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. We meet need people, and priorities, situations and circumstances change. This is all a part of life's progression right? However, what I've come to notice in today's society is that many people seem to totally abandon those simple things that gave us the happiness many of us had during our youth. So many people get so caught up in their own issues and life struggles that they neglect most of the people and things that were the main source of happiness growing up. Now I'm not saying that we should be aiming to become kids again, nor am I suggesting that we need relive our childhoods again. That's impossible right? What I am advising for anyone that any of this may apply to is implement some of the things that were part of the source of happiness you may have had during those times of life you were at your happiest.

So how do we exactly go back to the source? From my perspective, it all depends on whatever you define as being your source of happiness. As I stated previously, we all grew up differently and had different experiences, and everyone's foundation of life will differ. The main goal of this post is to show that just because priorities and situations change in life, we don't have to totally block out the things that made us the happiness. Home is often the biggest foundation of happiness for many, and we've all seen and heard of people going back home every so often to put life back into perspective. Ever notice how some people can call someone in their family or someone that they grew up with, and find themselves feeling happy just by hearing their voice? It's the little things that always tend to cheer us up the most when we're down. Finally, I want to end by reiterating that everything in your life starts with a solid foundation. I believe that this is something that we need to keep in mind on a daily basis. My reasoning for this is that for as long as we may live, we're always going to encounter new experiences and people. Whatever foundation that a relationship or friendship begins on will likely be the determinant of how and if it falls apart. We've come to the end now, so I'm going to leave you all with a quote that I found that I think is relevant to this topic. "Without a solid foundation, you'll have trouble creating anything of value."

Alright my peeps, we've come to the end of this week's installment of 'Brad H.'s Perspective'. As always, I hope that there was some meaning and understanding that could be taken away from this post, and I hope that it was able to serve as source of inspiration to someone out there. If you want to add or contribute anything else on this topic, please feel free to do so in the comments. Well I hope everyone has a great weekend ahead. I know that the presidential election has kinda shaken up the country a bit, but we're going to be okay guys. Take the weekend to maybe unplug from the Internet for awhile, or turn off the television from political related topics for a few days. Winter hasn't set in yet, so try to get outside and forget about all of the country's worries for a bit. There is always so much beauty out there to enjoy. Alright I'm out guys, so I'll see you all in the next post. Until then, I wish you all peace and positive thoughts.

©2016 Bradrick H. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment