Saturday, October 28, 2017

Success Worth Having Doesn't Come Overnight (Microwave Generation).

One of the more frustrating things that many of us have to go through in life is having patience. We have been told over and over again how important it is to be patient. We hear countless times from others that everything will come to pass, and that our patience will be rewarded. We hear these cliches constantly and yet most of us are still impatient in certain aspect of our lives. This especially applies to those of us that have been working towards something that we're passionate about. We know that we're supposed to be diligent and patient towards reaching our goals, but patience is a word that many of us don't want to hear when we've been working at something for some time. What amplifies the levels of frustration is living in this microwave society that we're all living in. In a society where it seems as if everyone wants things to happen fast, it can be even more frustrating when things are not happening as quick as you'd like. We often find ourselves at a crossroads when thoughts of doubt and uncertainty begins to enter our minds when it comes to reaching our goals. Questions of whether or not we're on the right path towards success can begin to flood our thoughts, and the result is often a word that can lead to a lifetime of regret; quitting. While it is okay to question whether we're moving in the right direction or not is perfectly normal and healthy, having the realization that success worth having doesn't happen overnight is important.

Hey what's up once again my people! How is everyone doing out there this time around? It is me Brad H. coming back at you all once again, and I'd like to welcome you all to another edition of 'Brad H.'s Perspective'! As with the standard formula here, I am back for another week to drop my perspective on a topic that I feel can be relevant and helpful to others. Thank you in advance for those of you that stopped by to see what I have to say. Before getting into the topic for the week, I'd like to get on my soapbox and talk about the World Series that is taking place right now. Man, what can we say about game two of this series? That was an absolutely epic game there. The Astros looked as if they were on the ropes, and they managed to go nuts in those extra innings. So after last night's game, the Astros are up in the series 2-1. I personally felt like this was going to be a great series, and it has yet to disappoint. I'm a Astros fan already, but being that I am a Texan, I'm hoping for them to pull it off. However, I do like the Dodgers as well. Clayton Kershaw is one of my favorite players, and I personally believe that he is the best pitcher in baseball. I also like Justin Turner, Corey Seager, and Kike Hernandez from the Dodgers. With all of that said, although I want the Astros to win it all, I would be okay if the Dodgers were to win it also. Since I like both of these teams, there really won't be much of a loser in my eyes. I know that I'm probably straddling the fence with this one, but I do want the Astros to take it all. I'm huge fans of George Springer, Jose Altuve, and Carlos Correa. Besides that, it would be big for the city of Houston if the Astros were to win after everything that happened with Hurricane Harvey back in August. We'll see how it all turns out. Alright, it is time to get into the main topic of the week that deals with success not happening overnight.

Before I move into the topic for the week, I'd like to go ahead and give my normal disclaimer in this section of the topic. Every single one of us have different viewpoints and ideas on how we see things. The objective here isn't to focus on what is right or wrong, but to hopefully give some inspiration to that encourages us not only in our daily lives, but also to see things in a manner in which we may not have before. I am just one individual with an opinion, so the way I see certain topics may not align with the way some of you see things. It is totally fine if some of you don't agree with me, and I welcome any and all feedback here. In the case that you find this topic interesting or you receive something from it, feel free to let me know that as well. As for some insight into how this topic came to mind, I've just been thinking a lot lately about how so many of us expect things to happen fast. Because this has been weighing on my mind lately, I thought I'd come on here and discuss why it is necessary to be patient with the things we aspire for. This is something that I have discussed on here already before in previous topics. However, it is sometimes necessary to revisit things that you've maybe done before, but with a better understanding of now. Because life should be all about growing and progressing, the way that we see some of the things in our lives will change throughout the years. It is important to always keep your mind free and open to new ideas and ways of viewing this, which is honestly the philosophy that this entire blog is based around.

Now as I referenced to earlier, it feels as if we are living in a microwave generation right now. What exactly is a microwave generation you may wonder? I see the term "microwave generation" as an analogy to how so many people want everything to happen quick with little effort. We all know that it is much quicker to throw something in the microwave compared to actually taking out the time to cook something. This is the same mentality that so many of us have these days when it comes to life in general. Think about it for a second, most of people want to exert as little effort as possible to get what they want. We want fast money, fast cars, fast relationships, etc. Fast, fast, fast, we all want everything fast. Now from my perspective, the thing with things coming to us fast is that when it is fast, you often don't appreciate it as much. Imagine if someone just gives you something compared to you having to actually having to earn it. In which scenario do you feel like you would appreciate it more? Now some people may not care either way as long as they get what they want right? However, I believe that there is a sense of pride and accomplishment that comes with actually earning something compared to getting it with little to no effort. This applies to all areas of life, but I feel this especially applies to those of us that are trying to achieve personal success in our lives. Because success is subjective, it totally varies on the individual as to what they define as success. However, in the microwave generation that we're in, most people want success to have fast also.

Something that I've mentioned in several topics on here before was how so many of us compare our lives to our peers. Success is probably the biggest comparison that we draw from our peers. For example, lets say that there are two friends that are both in college right? They both graduate at the same time, and want to get into the same field. Lets say that one of the two breaks into the field they want to get into before the other. Due to the fact that the friend of the two that has gotten their break has cracked into their field, the other that hasn't may view the other as achieving success before them. This person could potentially become somewhat discouraged and find themselves wondering if they will get their break. In a worse case scenario, the individual may become disillusioned and give up on trying to get into that field completely. That is just an example, but if it is something that you are still passionate about, you shouldn't give up. Like the title of this post states, success that is worth having doesn't always happen overnight. We can't be using other peoples' success as a basis for how we define success in our lives and situations. We also can't allow the fact that sometimes, whether you believe it is fair or not, things happen quicker for others than it does for us. It doesn't mean that it isn't meant for you, or that you should throw in the towel and quit. From my perspective, it could mean that it just isn't your time yet and despite how hard it may be, you have to maintain and exercise a little bit of patience.

This week's topic is mainly for those of us that are maybe finding ourselves questioning whether or not we will attain the success that we're hoping for. Yes it is normal to question whether or not you're doing the right thing, but questioning shouldn't rule your life. We have to have the belief and confidence in knowing that we're moving in the right direction towards our goals. Most of us halfway believe that it is possible, but the only way that we can get there is to believe in in fully. If the belief isn't fully there, then maybe that is a sign that maybe you're not as passionate about what you're doing as you think. It all comes down to having faith and belief in my opinion. They always say that patience is a virtue, but in a microwave society, patience appears to be sorely lacking. We don't want to be part of the microwave generation. We want to be part of the believers that are patient and long-suffering. So remember that success doesn't happen overnight. Everything worth having in your life will likely require time, which means that we have to hold us our end of the bargain by being patient. Time for me to leave the motivational quote that I came across that goes with this week's topic. It is from Ralph Marston and it goes; "Success requires both urgency and patience. Be urgent about making the effort, and patient about seeing the results."

Well we have reached the end of another topic my people. Thank you again as always to those of you that spent some of your time reading another edition of 'Brad H's Perspective'! I hope that this topic served as some inspiration for some of you, and hopefully it provided some meaning and understanding. Feel free to leave any comments or concerns. Well we're at another weekend, a cooler one at that. I absolutely love when it starts getting colder. That's the biggest sign for me that the holidays are right around the corner. Also before I go, I want to say Happy Birthday to my mom. Her birthday is a few days away on Halloween, but I want to acknowledge that since it will have passed by the next time. Love you mom! Alright I'm out folks, so you all be safe and enjoy yourselves. Till next time, keep on pressing forward everyone. I'll see all in the next one. Peace!

©2017 Bradrick H. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment