Saturday, September 16, 2017

Everything You May Want In This World Isn't For You (Knowing Exactly What You Want).

We all have things that we want out of this life that we're living right? Whether it's to have the perfect partner or spouse, the white picket fence or a lot of money, we all have things that we want to accomplish while we're here. Some people know exactly what they want out of life, while there are others that somewhat straddle the fence when it comes to wanting things. You know how some people believe that there is something they want, but later realize that what they thought they wanted was really not what they wanted? Hopefully that makes some sense, but in short, we as humans are often indecisive about certain things in life. One day we may feel a certain way about something, and then the next we feel the opposite. One of the things that I've often talked about on here is how so many of us compare our lives to everyone else. Often times, not always, many people use the lives of others as a basis for what they believe they want in life. So we often look at what others have and in turn, we think the things they have will bring us the same kind of happiness that they seem to be experiencing. While that may be the truth in certain cases and scenarios, I generally believe that interpreting what you want in this world through the eyes of others isn't a good thing. As I stated, we all want things out of life, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. However, something to also keep in mind is that everything that you may think you want in this world may not be for you.

Hello once again to everyone out there. It is me Brad H. back once again, and I'd like to welcome you all to another edition of 'Brad H.'s Perspective'! I hope that everyone has been doing well and staying up since the last time we met up on here. If that hasn't been the case for any of you, just continue to keep on holding your head up and believe that things can and will get better. That is something that I have to tell myself often as well. So there are quite a few happenings that have been taking place in the world as of late. I talked a lot about Hurricane Harvey and the effect that it had on Texas in the last topic. Since then, we saw another devastating hurricane named Irma hit the state of Florida. Not only Florida, Irma totally destroyed many parts of the islands south of the U.S. mainland. In my personal opinion, this has been one of the craziest hurricane seasons that I've ever seen. The thing that is even more worrisome is that hurricane season is nowhere close to being over with, and there are storms still forming in the Atlantic right now. I guess I just want to use my soapbox this week to piggyback off of last week's topic of being resilient. There isn't anything that any of us can do to prevent these storms from forming, but what we can do is prepare for them as best we can. The biggest thing I would suggest is to try and stay informed on what is happening in the ocean in regards to when storms are beginning to form. The days of relying on the news to tell us exactly what is going on and when to prepare are pretty much nonexistent now, so we have to always be aware of what is going on. My thoughts go out to everyone that was affected by Irma, as well as those still feeling the after effect of Hurricane Harvey. Stay resilient everyone. Alright, now it is time to get into this week's topic of how everything you may want in this world isn't for you.

Now that I've gotten on the weekly soapbox, it's time for the normal disclaimer that I give before going into the topic for the week. We all have different views and opinions when it comes to life. The primary mission here is not to focus or give credence to what is right or wrong, but rather to give inspiration to others that will hopefully encourage people to view a topic in a manner which they may not have thought of before. I'm just one person with an opinion, so I don't expect everyone to see things the same way that I do. Any feedback or thoughts that anyone has is always welcome here. As I've stated plenty of times before, I see this as platform where we're all here to learn from one another. So as to how this topic came to be, I would just attribute it to another one of the many things that I think about on a regular basis. I think that there are so many of us out there that often focus primarily on the pros when it comes to the things we want in life. Since we put so much emphasis on the potential good that comes from things, I think we don't always see that there is also bad that can potentially come from the things we desire. Because I have the belief that everything has pros and cons, I think that everything that we may want or think we want may be good for isn't always. Again, this isn't to discourage anyone from pursuing anything that they're interested in, just something to hopefully give some thought to.

So as we have already established, we all have things that we want and desire in life. Another thing that we should all be aware by now is that life isn't always fair. This is something that can be hard for some to accept, especially when we're younger and don't fully have a grasp on how life works. So with knowing that life isn't fair, the idea or belief that everything we want should be ours isn't always true. However, there are some of us that still hopelessly chase after the things we believe that we want, and some of us continue to do this even when the very things we want continue to elude us. A prime example that most of us, especially guys can relate to deals with women. I'd say that at least 99.9% of us men have had a woman that we really liked, but she continued to not be within our grasp. She may have told you straight up that she wasn't interested, or she may have even played hard to get, but we still felt like there was something we could do to get her to admire her in the same manner that we do her. Some people say that persistence pays off, and I do believe that is true in the majority of cases. However, excessive persistence without ever seeing the results that you desire should be a sign that maybe what you believe that you want isn't for you. So in the example of chasing after a girl, the fact that she didn't share the same sentiments as you probably means that she isn't the one for you. This same ideology goes for anything else in life as well. Everything that you believe is for you isn't.

Now there are several ways I believe of handling being able to accept that some things in life aren't for you. The biggest thing that I want to bring up deals with changing your mindset. Those of you that often read my posts already know that I talk about the mind and how it is important to focus on adapting it to adjust to life changes. I believe that the main reason that many of us struggle with believing that everything that we want is for us comes from the fact that many of us don't know exactly what we want. This is exactly why I've said the words "think we may want" several times throughout this post. The fact is that many of us don't know exactly what we want, which means that we're often chasing after a lot of the wrong things. When you're chasing after the wrong things, you're likely never going to get back the results your hoping for. As I've alluded to, we all have had disappointments and setbacks when it came to something that we wanted. It is normal and okay to feel disappointed when something doesn't go our way, but instead of focusing on the cons that came with that disappointment, focus on the pros that came with it. Again, I believe there are pros and cons to everything, and that applies as well it comes to disappointments and heartache. It is difficult to see that when you're in the midst of that setback, but it something that comes to light in due time.

Besides just informing others that everything that you want in this world isn't for you, I want us as people, including myself to change our mindsets and figure out exactly what you want in this world. No one is perfect, and I do believe that the journey to finding out exactly who you are and what you want is a constant one. However, if you find yourself and learn exactly what you want in this life, you'll do a better job at preventing yourself from experiencing disappointments. Because you know who you are and exactly what you want, you'll know exactly the things and people to go after in your life. Again, I want to reiterate that this doesn't guarantee that you'll never experience disappointment. Life is always unpredictable and changing, so nothing is guaranteed. However, I do believe that we can do much better at avoiding disappointments when you find ourselves and know exactly what we want. The quote that I came across that I think goes well with this topic comes from the telephone man, Alexander Graham Bell. I think it's a pretty good one and goes; "What this power is, I cannot say. All I know is that it exists...and it becomes available only when you are in that state of mind in which you know exactly what you want...and are fully determined not to quit until you get it."

Well we have once again arrived at the end of another topic. Thank you all to those of you that stopped by for another installment of 'Brad H's Perspective'! As I always say before signing off, I hope that there was some meaning and understanding that could be gained from this topic. Hopefully some of you can relate, and it gives you a bit of inspiration. The weekend is here, so hope everyone does something fun. Also, I know I haven't mentioned anything NFL related, but the hurricanes have kinda overshadowed that. Life is all about priorities, so the safety and recovery of our fellow man are far more important than sports. But for those of you that are football fans, I hope you enjoy the second week of the NFL this weekend. I know that I most certainly will. Alright, I'm out for this week, so I'll see you all in the next one. Till then, I wish you all the best. Peace!

©2017 Bradrick H. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment