Friday, January 6, 2017

The Biggest Battles We Face Often Come From Within (In A Battle With Your Own Mind).

Everyone has enemies right? Growing up during our youth, we would often hear people categorize people as either friends or enemies. We've been taught to believe that an enemy can come in the form of a friend, family member, or someone else that we may have close ties with. We've also been taught that society in general can be our biggest enemy. Everything from money to the government, food, etc have all been deemed as potential enemies to us. While the list of things I mentioned can all be potentially harmful to our lives, there is often a potentially enemy to our lives that we either overlook, or choose not to face at all; ourselves. Yes I did say ourselves, and it's true that we can often be our own worst enemies. If anyone is surprised to hear me say this, please don't be. If we really think about it for a second, we as a society in general have been our own worst enemies for centuries. However, I don't want to focus too much on society, but rather the internal battles that we all face from within. Yes it is indeed true that we will face many forms of battles throughout our lives, but the biggest battles will likely come from within ourselves.

Happy 2017 party people! It is I Brad H. once again, and I'd like to welcome everyone to the first 2017 edition of 'Brad H.'s Perspective'! Yes we have arrived at 2017, and I hope that this brand new year has been treating you all great thus far. I'm sure many of you have made resolutions for the new year, and while I personally stopped making them years ago, I don't knock anyone that still does. However, as a reminder, I just want everyone to keep in mind that the changing of a date isn't going to instantly change you as a person. Any changes that you plan on making towards bettering any aspect of your life for this new year won't work unless you commit to it. This means that despite facing any setbacks that may occur in whatever you're hoping to become better towards, you have to remain steadfast and consistent throughout a daily basis. This is something that we all may be aware of, but it never hurts to rehash it again from time to time. Again, I hope 2017 has been going well for you all so far. With that said, lets go ahead and tackle the topic of how the biggest battles that we will face will often come from within.

Normally, I would only use this portion to talk a bit about how this week's topic came to be. However, I want to use it for this moment to address a change that I plan on making to this blog going forward. I still will be updating on an every other week basis, however, I plan to keep the posts a bit shorter going forward. One thing that I've come to realize in the past view years is that many of our attention spans are pretty low, and many people often go the the other direction whenever they encounter something that they see as being too long. I don't feel that my topics were long in general, but I do plan to compact them down a bit more to get straight to the point. I think that would probably work out a little more better for not only potential readers, but also for myself. I feel that I will be able to put out better quality write-ups implementing this tactic going further. Besides that, I plan on keeping the same formula when it comes to any topic that I write on. Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I want to say that individual viewpoints will always vary. The mission for me here isn't to focus on what is right or wrong, but rather to encourage more in depth thinking on various subject matters.

Now as I referenced to earlier in the post, a good many of us put a lot of energy into the external battles that we face on a regular basis, but we often fail to give enough energy to the battles we're up against internally. I believe that much of this has to do with so many people being in denial about issues that may be happening in their lives. However, regardless of who you are or where you're at in life, every single one of us are battling something internally. An internal battle can be anything that may be troubling us or hindering us from finding that peace within that we're constantly striving for, and I feel that there is no shame in admitting to having an issue or issues in life. Think about all the celebrities, athletes, and people with a certain degree of status that have struggled with addiction. These are individuals that many people deem as having everything that life has to offer, but they still had internal battles that they tried masking with their addictions. Masking our issues isn't only limited to people of status, but it is something that so many of us choose to do rather than addressing whatever issues we're facing. It's similar to putting a band-aid on a wound; it only hides the bigger issue at hand.

Life in general is probably the toughest test that we will ever face, however from my perspective on this topic, the finding of the necessary motivation and willpower from within to pass on daily basis can be even harder. There is so much temptation and negative forces in the world that are constantly working against us daily. However, from my perspective, the reason many of us struggle with these things is due to not properly training our minds to overcome these things. Too much emphasis on being entertained and engaging in activities that don't really help in bettering us as people often takes precedent over the addressing of our internal issues. Just like anything else in life, it is important to prioritize things, and there are so many of us don't make ourselves a priority when it comes to facing the battles that are happening within. This is something that we have to work on changing right? Nobody is perfect, and it is indeed true that we will all fall short every so often. But, the idea of potentially falling short doesn't mean that we shouldn't address the issues that we may be internally facing.

So with everything being said, I think we as people should address and focus on the battles that we're dealing with internally. I'm not saying that we should ignore the outside factors that may be enemies to us, but what I am saying is that everything starts within you first. Being able to equip our minds first to handle the things that life may throw at us should be the first priority. I was watching a video on Youtube by actor Terry Crews yesterday, and he said something in the video that I wanted to make sure and put in this post. He said; "We don't battle people, we battle mindsets. You battle mindsets that attempt to hold people back, that's what I'm battling. I don't battle people, I battle the way people think." I'm glad that I happened to come across those words, because they speak to the idea that while other people and outside forces may be an enemy, it's not them that you're battling. The real battle comes from the ability to adapt to whatever comes at us. It's all about training and strengthening the mind, and then being able to change that mindset for the better.

Well we've come to the end of this particular topic, so I'd like to once again thank everyone that came through for another edition of 'Brad H.'s Perspective'. Whether you made any resolutions for the new year or not, lets try to make 2017 a great year everyone. I'm sure some of you out there are sport fans, so like many of you out there, I'm excited for the NFL playoffs that kick off tomorrow. My team (Cowboys) have a first round bye, so they won't be playing tomorrow. However, I will be tuned in anyway because I love watching football, but also to find out who they will be playing. Alright everyone, I'm out so I'll see you all in the next post. Until then, I wish you all a Happy New Year, as well as peace and positive thoughts.

©2017 Bradrick H. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment