Saturday, July 22, 2017

Wealth Isn't Always About Money (Having A Wealth Of Knowledge).

I think it is fairly safe to say that most people likely think of money and finance when they hear the term "wealth" being referred to. If you are with the majority that have adopted this way of thinking, it is likely due to no fault of your own. In the society that we live in, we are often conditioned to believe that being financially successful is the only form of wealth. While it is true that money is probably the most popular form of wealth, it is far from the only method of wealth that can be acquired. Wealth can be classified and defined as being many things. As with the majority of things in life, it all depends on the person and how they see things. There is however a form of wealth that many of us tend to underestimate, and this is a form of wealth that I didn't see myself. Also, I would argue that when it comes to being overlooked, it is the most important form of wealth that we can obtain. What am I talking about you may wonder? I'm talking about knowledge and the acquirement of knowledge. Yes ladies and gentlemen, knowledge can also be a form of wealth, however, it is also a form of wealth that so many of us take for granted. The goal that I have for this week's topic is to hopefully show that wealth isn't always about having money. Wealth can be defined as being many things, but having a wealth of knowledge is a form of wealth that we should not take for granted.

Hey, what's going on ladies and gentlemen? It is me Brad H. back on here once again, and I'd like to welcome you all to another edition of 'Brad H.'s Perspective'! As always, I hope everyone has been doing pretty good as of late. Of course if that hasn't been happening in your life as of late, keep on trying to hold your head up, and continue to have belief that things can and will change for you soon. So I'm back for another week to give my perspective on a topic that I've been thinking about in recent days. Before diving into this week's topic at hand, I'd like to use this portion to get on my soapbox for a minute and give my opinion on a current event that recently happened. As I'm sure most of you already know, former NFL running back O.J. Simpson was granted parole from prison this week. Whatever you may think about Simpson himself, we cannot deny the fact that there is something that captivates the world about him. I think most of it mainly stems from the fact that his murder trial from the early 90's is the most infamous trials of a public figure in American history. Not going to get into what I thought of the trial, but I want to give my opinion on him being paroled. I've seen a lot of mixed reactions online, so I guess I'll chime in myself. Now I personally didn't see what I would consider to be a remorseful person when he spoke to the parole board that was considering his case. However, something that stood out to me was when one of the board members confused Simpson for being 90 years old. She quickly apologized, to which there was some laughter in the building. But it was Simpson, who is actually 70 years old reaction that really caught my ear. Simpson jokingly replied that he feels like he's 90. Now I imagine a man in his condition, along with the mental stress that he has put himself through does feel much older than his actual age. So I guess what I'm saying here is that regardless of what people think of Simpson, I think it was okay that he was granted parole. The truth is that the guy may not have many more years left, and if the justice system feels that he has served enough time to be granted parole, then so be it. At his age and his condition of health, there's probably not much the guy can do anyway. Well I think I've rambled enough, so lets go ahead and talk about this week's topic of acquiring a wealth of knowledge.

As always before going more in depth on the topic for the week, I want to give the regular disclaimer and say that everyone will have varying viewpoints when it comes to topics. My objective here is isn't to focus on what may be considered right or wrong, but rather to hopefully encourage the people that read to think about a topic from a different approach than they normal. Of course I don't expect everyone to share in my views, but the goal of hoping to inspire others and myself through that process remains the same. As for insight on how I came to wanting to talk about this particular topic for the week, I have to attest it to a video by Dr. Boyce Watkins that I listened to on Youtube recently. The video itself pretty much dealt with finance, but it's something that he said during the video that really resonated with me, which lead to me writing about the topic at hand. He mentioned how we as people don't always have to leave or give money to others in order to help them. Sometimes the knowledge and wisdom that we are able to pass onto others is even more important than the money itself. I personally thought him saying this was pretty inspirational, so I figured it would be a pretty good topic for me to try and expand upon. Hopefully you all can relate a bit to what I'm going to talk about. Remember that I'm far from an expert, so keep in mind that anything that I talk about applies to myself. I'm a firm believer that we have to be willing to follow the advice we give to others.

So we've established that most of us equate money to having wealth. Yes it is indeed true that the most popular form of wealth primarily deals with money, but I'm not here to talk about money because I'll admit that I'm one of those people that isn't really as good as I should be at managing it. However, what I do know is that regardless of how much financial wealth a person has, they likely won't be able to make it sustainable if they're not knowledgeable when it comes to finance. I'm sure most of you have heard the saying "a fool and his money will eventually part ways." If not those exact words, I'm sure you've heard some sort of variation of it. But it is true that someone that spends constantly without being equipped with the knowledge to make their money work for them. This same concept applies to everyone in life from my perspective. We all are going to make mistakes right? That is just a fact and a part of life. However, we all know and are aware that when we are knowledgeable about whatever aspect of life that we have to make decisions in, we are able to limit the chances of making mistakes. I see life as a game of both wins and losses. We all know that we won't always win in the things that we want, which means that we're going to have occasional losses. We also know that losing doesn't last forever, which means that we have to work towards limiting the losses and hopefully increasing the wins. In my opinion, it is much easier to win when you have the knowledge and tools you need to do so.

So how do we acquire wealth through knowledge? Well from my perspective, there are two ways to primarily do so. The first is the easiest way, as well as the way that puts more of it on you. This way involves us going to acquire the knowledge on our own. A person that does this likely reads books, watches videos, and seeks out people that are experts in whatever they're looking to become more knowledgeable at. The second method deals more with what Dr. Boyce was talking about, which deals with being lucky enough to have people that we know to pass down knowledge to us. Now because this method involves having to depend on others, it isn't the most recommended, which is exactly why I wanted to talk about this topic. Now both methods can be interchangeable, meaning that depending on where you are in life, either or both can apply to you at various times. My mission for this week is to show that you don't always have to have money to help out others. You see, since we live in a society that equates money with wealth, most of our society believes that having money is the only way to help others. This is something that we've all heard before, and it is something that I've talked about on here in the past. The bottom line is that regardless of who you are or what you have, you can always drop trinkets of wisdom to others either help them move forward towards something, or keep them from making the same mistakes you did. This is why it is important to have a wealth of knowledge in my opinion.

Regardless of who you are or your relationship with others, you can always have some kind of wisdom to pass onto others. I also want to make it clear that I also feel that no matter how wise you are, you are never so wise that you can't listen to others as well. Wealth can come in all kinds of forms, but there is no price tag in my opinion that can be put on being knowledgeable. The goal for this week is to hopefully let others know that having wealth doesn't always have to be about money. If you are a person that is skilled or well versed in an area of your life, don't hesitate to pass on your knowledge to others. If you're a person that may not be all that capable when it comes to dealing with finance, seek out others that can give you the knowledge and tools to help you become better. In my opinion, the best thing about knowledge is that it is infinite. There is always something new out there can be learned, so remember that wealth is important, but having a wealth of knowledge can mentally take us to an even higher state of mind. The quote that I found and will leave you all with this week that I feel applies to this week's topic comes from innovator and author Peter Schwartz. The quote goes; "Knowledge is the only kind of wealth that multiplies when you give it away." Be mindful of that my friends.

Well my peeps, we have arrived at the end of another post. Before I leave for this week, I'd really like to thank everyone for stopping by for another installment of 'Brad H.'s Perspective'! I really, really appreciate all of you, especially those people that let me know on Twitter that they've read some of my material and found it helpful. I'm truly grateful to you all. Like always, I hope there was some meaning and understanding that could be gained from this topic. I hope everyone has a good weekend, and hopefully an even better week ahead. Also, Happy Birthday goes to my little cousin Xzavier(Zay), and to my great uncle Grover. Alright, I'm out everyone, so stay strong and keep on fighting the good fight everyone. Till we meet again, I wish you all the best. Peace and love!

©2017 Bradrick H. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment