Friday, August 19, 2016

The Importance Of Mentally Protecting Your Eyes and Your Ears (Watch What You Choose To Give Energy To).

The eyes and ears; two of the very most vital organs of our bodies that we use for listening and visualization. There are so many quotes and references that have been made throughout the years when it comes to the importance of both the eyes and ears. One of the most popular quotes in regards to the eyes goes; "The eyes are the window to the soul." A recent quote that I came across that deals with the value of the ears says; "Ears are the extension of the heart, so if you know how to listen, you know how to love." When the average person may hear anything about taking care of their eyes and ears, they likely think of a visit to an optometrist, or visiting an ear doctor. While it is indeed a fact that we must care for both the eyes and ears from a medical standpoint, there is another aspect of self care many people neglect when it comes to these two organs; the mental side. The eyes and ears are not only physical organs that we use for everyday sights and sounds, they're also valuable to maintaining a healthy and tempered state of mental wellness. I've been thinking about this topic as of late, and I think it's an appropriate one to get a bit more deeper with, and give out some information on. The eyes and ears must be maintained physically, but it's very important to protect them mentally and spiritually as well.

Hey, hey, hey, it's the Fat Albert show! Nah, I'm kidding with you all of course. What's up guys? It's the young soul Brad H. coming back at you once again, and I'd like to welcome you all to another edition of 'Brad H.'s Perspective'. Some of you may already know how the routine goes, but for those of you that do not, I'm here to give my perspective on topics that I feel will not only benefit myself, but hopefully be of help to others as well. So how have you all been doing since the last entry? I know many of you probably have been watching the Olympics that are taking place. I've been watching it off and on, but it has been pretty exciting seeing so many Americans doing so well in the individual competitions. I mean what else can you say about Michael Phelps other than he's absolutely an Olympic legend? People normally classify athletes as legends once they retire, but I think it's safe to say that Phelps being regarded as a legend before he even retires is justified. Also, Simone Biles has continued to show just how dominate of a gymnast she is. Finally, seeing Simone Manuel become the first African-American woman to win the gold in an individual swimming event was great. Her interview afterwards was really touching and heartfelt. Being that they're both her and Simone Biles are Texans like myself, I'm very happy for them. Congrats goes to them both, as well as everyone else who is doing well this year in Rio. There are too many for me to name at this time, so congrats to everyone. We still have a few more days of events left, so lets cherish and enjoy them. After all, they only come around once every four years. Alright, now that I've used up my soapbox for a bit, lets go ahead and get into this week's main topic of the importance of protecting your eyes and ears.

Before getting started, I always aim to point out in my writings that a person's individual viewpoint on a topic will always vary from person to person. My focus isn't to put too much energy into what is considered to be right or wrong, but rather to give those that read on these topics something to think about further. My primary goal with this entry and this blog in general is to hopefully inspire others, as well as myself through this platform. If anyone happens to disagree with my perspective on this or any of the topics I discuss, that is totally okay. Now I usually give a little insight into how I came to write about whatever topic that I'm discussing for the week. However, I don't feel it's necessary to do this time since it's something that I've somewhat highlighted in previous posts. If you're familiar with some of my past blog entries, you've probably heard me say something along the lines of; "My ears are closest to my eyes and mouth, so any advice that I give applies to me as well." Although I've been thinking about the topic that we're talking about as of late, it's something that I already give thought to on a frequent basis, which is evidenced by my mentioning of it in past posts. Because of that factor, I'm just going to go ahead and dive right into this topic, and why I think it should be considered such an important thing.

So as I stated earlier in this post, the eyes and ears aren't just organs that we use for seeing and hearing. Although sight and sound are regarded as the primary purposes of the ears and eyes, there is a mental aspect that goes along with the things we give our eyes and ears to. Now the eyes and ears may be two different organs, but like everything else in our bodies, they connect to our brain. Most of us are already aware of this fact, but despite having different organs that make up our bodies, everything in our body connects in some way. We also know that the brain is the main organ of our central nervous system, but it's also much more than that. There have been many debates as to whether or not our brains are similar to computers. I'll leave that up to you to decide whether you believe that to be true or not. However, there is no denying that our brains are the haven for the things we see and hear. Everything that we see and hear gets stored within our brains in some way or another. Whether it is happening knowingly or subconsciously, everything that we give our ears and eyes to is being stored in our brains. Now I'm far from a doctor, and I apologize for all the medical jargon. However, I hope that you can see where I'm going with all of this.

Now we can't always control what we see and hear, however, there are times when we knowingly give our eyes and ears to less than positive things. There are all kinds of things on television and the Internet that we consciously give a lot of energy to that don't generally benefit our minds. We all know people that like to gossip and spew a lot of negativity about others, and while we may not personally participate in this kind of stuff, our ears are still taking in all this negativity. Where do you think all these negative things that we see and hear are going? They're going straight to our brains, which plays a huge part on what kind of state of mind we maintain. Do you really think that we as a people are going to be able to maintain a healthy and positive state of mind if we're constantly feeding our brains negativity? I personally don't think so, which is why it's important to do all you can to protect what your eyes and ears give energy to. I'm sure that most of us have watched or heard something that had such an extreme shock value that despite it probably happening years ago, it has still stuck with us and has a negative impact on us even to this very day. Again, I'm not talking about things that we see or hear that couldn't be helped. I'm referring to the things we consciously give energy to.

While I see it as imperative to protect our eyes and ears from a mental standpoint, I'll attest that it's definitely not an easy thing to do in a world that continuously feeds us a lot of garbage and negativity. Besides the obvious choices of limiting what we choose to watch on television and the Internet, as well as who we choose to hang around, I honestly can't say that I have any other sound advice or solutions to better ways to watch the things we feed our brains. All I can really do is try to do my part in trying to make others aware of this topic and it's importance. From my perspective, I see this topic as something very important to address in a world that I feel aims to influence us negatively on a daily basis. It's very crucial to our lives to care for ourselves physically. However, we also want to have our minds healthy and functioning at its peak. The powers within our minds are limitless, and I feel that in order to unleash those power to their fullest potential, an awareness of the things we choose to view and listen to is a requirement. With all of that said, I want to say to anyone that may already be striving to free their minds of the negativity that is constantly be shoved in our faces daily, keep on pushing to combat against it. Again, it may not be easy, but being aware of something arms us with all the needed tools to defeat it.

Well I believe I'm going to go ahead and end this week's post. I hope that there was some kind of meaning and understanding gained from this week's topic. Thank you again to those of you that stopped through for another installment of 'Brad H.'s Perspective' once again. As always, feel free to leave any feedback or comment on this or any of the other topics that I have discussed. The weekend is upon us, so I hope you all enjoy and do something exciting. Alright, I'm out folks, so have a great weekend and upcoming week ahead. Till we all meet again, I wish you all peace and positive thoughts. See you all in the next one, and peace!

©2016 Bradrick H. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment