Thursday, April 24, 2014

Don't Be Bitter, Try To Become Better.

I don't claim to know everything, nor do I feel that I'm able to grasp the limitless amount of feelings and emotions that come along with being alive. However, for as long as I've been able to comprehend and understand certain things that deal with life, I've come to realize that the emotion called "jealously" just won't ever go away. People in our society are always going to be jealous and envious of others; there's just no way around it. There are even some people that continually claim they're not jealous of others, but their actions and words seem to say otherwise. Everyone gets jealous from time to time. If you're a person that is jealous of someone or something for whatever reason or another, it's perfectly normal. In some cases, it can even be a good thing to an extent. However, some people allow their jealously to control them, which in turn can be a catalyst for bitterness and hatred developing within them. Just something that I've been thinking about lately. Welcome to another 'Brad H.'s Perspective' blog post.

What's good my people? So for this week's blog post, I'm going to writing about the importance of trying to become a better person, rather than being a constantly bitter one. In the previous paragraph, I mentioned how jealously is one of those traits that can cause a person to develop a bitter attitude. Now although I feel that is true in regards to someone being or becoming bitter, I don't always believe that jealously is the sole cause of a person being bitter and angry. There are all kinds of reasons why a person could always display bitter and negative actions. In fact, I'm fairly certain that there are some people out there that stay mad and angry at the world for no apparent reason at all.

In my own opinion, being mad and bitter towards the world is one of the easiest things we can do. Being bitter requires little to no real thought, and it also doesn't require a lot of physical energy to do. If you really think about it, in order to be bitter, all you really have to do is just sit around and be constantly angry. Sounds like a good plan right? Alright we're good to go, so I'm out! Okay I give up, I'm just kidding. Another failed attempt at sarcasm right? Anyway, although being constantly bitter and angry doesn't require much real effort, where does it really get us in the end? In what ways does it improve our lives and relationships with others? I don't know about anyone else, but I don't see a whole lot of upside to constantly displaying jealously, anger, and bitterness towards others.

As I stated previously, a person having a bit of a jealous streak is quite normal, and can even be a good thing when a person doesn't allow it to dictate them in a negative way. You're probably saying that I'm getting off topic now right? Well maybe I am just a tad, but here's why I say that jealously could potentially be a good thing. If you're one of those people that uses your envy to help fuel you to become better, I think that you're probably on the right track in regards to being jealous. For example, lets say you see people out in the world doing something that you'd like to be able to do as well, but you're currently not able at the time. You can use what you see others doing as motivation for yourself. I think that's the main way to not allow yourself to become bitter. Seeing someone else doing something is proof that if they can do it, then you can as well right?

I think that I've hit on the main point that I've tried to convey, so I'm going to go ahead and wrap this up. Just try to keep in mind that being angry and bitter without any action isn't going to aid in helping us to become better people. It's okay to be a little jealous at times, but never allow jealousy and envy to control your life completely. Instead, make the decision to use your shortcomings to take action in becoming a better individual. Sitting around and being angry at the world is truly negative, and can develop into a vicious cycle of negativity. Rather than helping you move forward and progress in life, it will likely keep you stagnated. In summation, being bitter and angry at the world really is not worth it. We have to focus on becoming better, rather than being bitter all the time.

Alright I'm going to go ahead and end this week's 'Brad H.'s Perspective' post. I hope that any and all who gave it a read enjoyed it. As with all of my posts, I'm not aiming to tell anyone how to live their lives. Everything that I write applies to myself, and how I strive to live my own life. At any rate, I hope it's useful to someone and even if it isn't, I still appreciate those of you that stop by and read my thoughts. Well that's it for now, so I'll see you all in the next one. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment