Saturday, August 4, 2012

You can't have it both ways with people.

What's up once again world. It's your boy Brad H coming at you once again with another edition of "Brad H's Perspective". It's definitely been awhile since I wrote an installment of Brad H's Perspective. As some of you may know, I recently done the "30 hubs in 30 days" writing challenge on Hubpages. I initially intended on keeping my blog updated while doing the challenge. Unfortunately, I ended up getting behind during the challenge, and was unable to write on this blog like I wanted. Now that the challenge is over with, I can focus once again on the topics I want to discuss. If you've read this far in this particular post, I thank you. I also hope that this reaches everyone in good health and spirits. Lets go ahead and get into what we're talking about today.

Today's topic deals with people who think it's okay to have it both ways with other people. You may be asking yourself; what do you mean have it both ways? What I mean by having it both ways; is basically someone who claims to be a real friend or family member, but they're only there when it's convenient for them. Some of you may very well know a person or a group of people who engage in this ugly habit. A person who wants to have it both ways with other people are often the type of people you don't hear from until they need you for something. When I say something, I'm not only talking about material or physical items. It could be for advice, support, or just a shoulder to lean on. These are people who always expect for us to be there for them, but they're seldom found if and when the tables turn. To sum it all up, these are basically shady people who are users in it's true essence..

I can't speak for anyone else, but I find myself being very annoyed with people who believe it's okay to have it both ways with people. Quite frankly, in my opinion friends or people in our lives who use this tactic aren't real friends, or real people in general. Of course things happen in life and people tend to get busy. We all know that people can lose touch at times, and that shouldn't change a friendship. However, it's not cool to be one of those people who only calls someone when things are going bad for you. The way I see it, if you have enough time to call someone when things are going bad, then you can also call someone and say hi or check up on them when things are going good for you as well. It's that's simple.

It's just amazing to me how some people act as if things in life can't change. Just because you're on top of the world today, doesn't mean you always will be. So many people develop cocky and arrogant attitudes as if they no longer need others. The ironic thing is these are the same people running and looking for people to turn to when things start going downhill. So you don't need anyone when you're up, but you want people around when you're down? That's the true definition of a person who wants it both way with others. A real individual doesn't do that. That's what a user does. Don't be a user who has time and a need for their family and friends for their own personal and convenient reasons. That's not the real or right thing to do, and a person like that doesn't deserve to have good people in their lives. Remember, it's hard to climb up, but easy to fall back down. You want to have friends and people there for you if you ever do fall right? Treating others right and being loyal to them increases the chances of having them around.

There is however a remedy for dealing with these kinds of people. We can always choose to not deal with them. I'm not the type of person who believes in doing evil for evil, but I don't think we should allow ourselves to be taken advantage of either. We all have basic common sense, and it should be used in these types of scenarios. If someone is using you or attempting to have it both ways with you, tell them how you honestly feel. If they don't respond, or are not willing to meet you halfway, then it's probably best to remove yourself from their lives. If you're a true and loyal friend to them, they'll end up regretting wanting to have it both ways with you. It always happens in the end. Let them know that you're not a crutch or footstool that they can always depend on. It all boils down to having high self-esteem, and some people will try to play on your emotions -- especially if you're a good person who has a kind heart.

Well that's it for this installment of "Brad H's Perspective". I hope that someone finds it both easy to relate to, and encouraging as well. I hope that there can be a discussion about this. Do you have people who want to have it both ways with you? Are you a person who attempts to have it both ways with others? If so, lets talk about it. This blog is all about addressing issues, and hopefully learning and growing from them. Like I mention in all my other posts, I'm far from perfect. I'm looking to grow and become a better individual as well. Thanks for reading. Until next time, peace, love, and blessings to all. Brad H out!

No comments:

Post a Comment