Thursday, December 22, 2011

Exercise is my medicine for stress.

Hello once again. It's Brad H. writing once again. Hope all is good and well with everyone. It's been a couple of weeks since I've updated my blog, so now is the perfect time to do so. You may wonder why is not a perfect time? Well it's simple, I've been dealing with some stressful things as of late. As a matter of fact, I'm still dealing with a few of them. I've been doing a lot of praying and thinking about certain things in my life. I know that certain elements are out of my control, so I know that I must take care of the things that I'm able to. That's all a part of being a responsible individual, which is something that I strive to be.

So since I've been had stressful things going on in my life, you may wonder how have I been coping besides prayer etc. I've been coping with stress by doing what I already do on a regular basis; working out, and exercising. I've mentioned this before, but exercise and fitness has become my medicine for stress in my life. It's something about going for a jog when I have a lot on my mind that makes me feel free. It's one of those explainable feelings I guess. Before today I hadn't been running since last Saturday. I made it a priority to go out and do some running this evening. Usually my first jog of the week is a light run but since I had things on my mind, I went a bit harder. The only bad thing that came out of it was that I wasn't able to clock my time. My timer on my phone went out around the 14 minute mark.

I challenge anyone who reads this post to do some form of exercise when you are feeling down about life. I guarantee that you will feel better afterwards. I know I did after I finished up my run. It was cold outside, but my face was dripping with sweat by the time I made it back home. We as a people cope with our problems in different ways. As long as it's a constructive and positive things we're doing, I'm all for it. We don't have to drink and drug our problems away. Exercise will continue to be my medicine when I'm stressed or having things going on in my life. It's gives me the confidence to face my problems head on. Well that's it for this time. I'll be writing soon again. Till then peace, love and blessings to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment