Saturday, October 31, 2020

Why Thinking Outside Of The Box Can Be Beneficial In Your Life.


"Thinking outside of the box!" This is a phrase that most of us have heard within various points of our lives. People have a variety of ideas and thoughts when it comes to the idea of thinking outside of the box. I would argue that within itself is what makes thinking outside of the box such an appealing characteristic. It means so many different things to different people, which is why it's one of the ultimate unique concepts that exists within our society. Thinking outside of the box can mean so many things, but for me personally, it means being able to freely outside of the normal social constraints that dominate our world. There are so many various ways that an individual can choose to live their life, but how many of us are truly free and open thinkers when it comes to our outlook on life? Again, this is something that a person has to define for themselves, but one of the positives is that there are always instances that can be used a basis for this type of evaluation. I believe that we as people tend to look for advantages and things that can benefit us in our lives as we go through various phases of growth in our lives. I personally believe that when it comes to gaining knowledge and tools that can benefit us in our lives, developing our own definition of what it means to think outside of the box is one of the top habits that can assist us on this journey. 


What's going on everyone? This is your boy Brad H. once again, and I would like to welcome you all again to another topic of 'Brad H.'s Perspective'! I am here to once again bring my perspective on a topic that has been on my mind as of late. The goal I have with this is to hopefully present my thoughts in a way that can be of some kind of inspiration to us all. I hope that all has been good and well with you all as of late. I know the temperatures are beginning to drop all over the states, so hopefully everyone is staying warm. So for my soapbox on this week's post, I wanted to briefly talk about the importance of having respect for others despite the differences you may have. The reason I bring this up is because we all know the presidential election is happening in a few days here in the states. I know that this isn't anything new, but I've personally been seeing a lot of videos and posts of people taking personal shots at other people because of different political affiliations. It's been rampant on both sides of the isle. The thing that we all need to remember is that just because you happen to disagree with another person doesn't mean that you can't have respect for that person. I saw a picture last week of a supporter of Trump shaking hands with a Biden supporter. I think that type of mutual respect is more of what we need in today's volatile political climate. So with that being said, lets try to agree to disagree, respectfully! No need for all the personal attack, etc. So now that is out of the way, lets get more into why thinking outside of the box can be beneficial to us. 



I talked in the opening how thinking outside of the box can mean a variety of things. Before we try and begin to open our minds up to be able to think outside of the box, we have to first be able to define what thinking outside the box means to us personally. I mentioned how I personally feel that thinking out of the box means being able to think freely. Though that may be what it personally means to me, it could mean something completely different to another person. The main thing for us to try and navigate is being able to use this way of thinking towards our benefit. Now when I personally think of how a person that thinks outside of the box carries themselves, I think of someone that basically questions things in an attempt to get to the facts. You know how most people will almost believe anything, even if there aren't any facts that are presented with what they're being told? Someone that is more of an out of the box thinker will likely not be that way. These are probably the kind of people that will see or hear something on the news, and instead of just accepting what they hear, they may end up doing their own research on what they've heard. Now again, this is just my personal opinion and one example of what I think it means to think outside of the box. If you're someone that may be aiming to be more of an outside the box thinker, you have to be able to open up your mind to more than what you just see and hear. 


Now why would, or should someone have a desire or strive to become more of an out of the box thinker? Just as with being an open thinker in and of itself, there are so many reasons why this may be something a person strives to become better at. When it applies to my own life, I believe that a good reason to aim towards being more of an outside of the box thinker helps in gaining a more broader outlook of the world. We all know or have been around a person that probably has a limited scope when it comes to various beliefs. Now I'm in no way trying to demean anyone that has a limited scope of view when it comes to life. Frankly speaking, we all in some ways deal with a small viewpoint, and it isn't always because a person is close-minded. Sometimes we just don't know certain things, and that is okay. However, we've all been around people that when you tried to enlighten them on something that you may be aware of or learned at some point in your life, and their responses are one of non-belief. They shoot down what you're saying because they may not know, or they just have a limited outlook in their beliefs. I believe that when someone is more of an outside of the boxer thinker, they will at the very least listen to and entertain what someone else is saying before forming a concrete opinion on the subject at hand. 


So I have given my perspective on what I think it means to think outside of the box, as well as why I believe we should strive to be this way. So why does thinking out of the box benefit us in our lives? From my own perspective, thinking outside of the box benefits us because of the added knowledge it brings to our lives. I believe that even if you don't always agree with what someone says or does, you can at the very least learn something from that person. This is a wide world with an infinite amount of knowledge that can be gained. I believe that every bit of knowledge that we learn throughout our lives has the potential to help us during our life's journey. The even crazier thing is that sometimes the jewels that you pick up along the way won't benefit you immediately, and sometimes they may not ever do so. However, they will always be there for you to access if and when you ever need them. I believe that putting a cap on the box when it comes to thinking outside of it limits us from acquiring an abundance of knowledge. This is why I personally believe that thinking outside of the box can be beneficial in our lives. I'll end on this final note. The best part of learning to think outside of the box is something that you can pick up at any point of your life, and there is no better time to start than the present. 


Alright everyone, that's all that I got for this week's topic. I hope that there was some meaning and understanding that was able to be taken away from it. This has been another installment of 'Brad H.'s Perspective' brought to you by Brad H. Thank you to those of you that stopped by again. Please leave any comments or feedback in the comment box if you'd like. You can also hit me up and follow me on Twitter @BradrickH if you'd like. I hope you all have a great rest of your weekend, and don't forget to set those clocks back tonight. Take care everyone, and I'll see you all on the next topic! Peace out!


©2020 Bradrick H. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment