Sunday, October 18, 2020

The Importance Of Being Able To Handle The Harsh Realities That Come With Life.


 I think that we can all agree that life is truly a wonderful gift that we're all blessed to be a part of. Just think of all the centuries that have passed throughout time that we were not here. The fact that we're here in and of itself is something that should be both treasured and celebrated. I also think that we can all agree that while life is truly a wonderful gift, it can also come with its share of challenges and complications. The challenges that I'm referring to are truly immense in their nature, and are practically limitless when it comes to what they can entail. When being a part of such a wide and expansive world that has so many different people with different personalities existing, the thought of everyone being able to handle life's challenges the same is highly unrealistic. Basically, there are going to be some challenges that we're able to handle relatively easy, while there are also those that can pull us to the depths of ourselves that we'd rather not face. Regardless of how strong of a person you may be, none of us are immune to the hardships that come with life. The harsh realities of life will always exist, and this pandemic that we're currently in has probably forced many of us to ponder on some of those harsh realities. I've talked about adaptability on this blog before, and being able to handle and adapt to the harsh realities that come with life are key in winning in this life. 


Welcome back everyone! Hope everyone is doing well! This is Brad H. back once again, and I'd like to welcome you all to another installment of 'Brad H.'s Perspective'! I am here to once again to hopefully bring some inspiration on a topic that I think would be helpful to us our lives. Before we get into this week's topic on the harsh realities of life, I'm going to get on my soapbox and talk about something besides the topic of the week. We all know that we have a big election happening here in the states in the next couple of weeks. I just want to encourage everyone to be aware of what is going on politically, but also take time away from it on occasion. The reason I bring this up is because I see so many people on social media these days that are constantly talking and debating others about this election. That is perfectly fine, but I believe that it is wise to not allow that stuff to consume us. Go outside and take a walk, or go and read a book that you've been putting off reading. Maybe you can watch a DVD that you've been meaning to watch. I can't tell anyone else what to do, but I would just suggest people to not allow it to consume a large portion of your day. Be aware, but be controlled with it. Now that I've said that, lets go ahead and talk about the theme of this week, which is handling the harsh realities of life. 


Now what are the harsh realities of life that we often hear about as we become older? I believe a topic such as this is one where a person as an individual must define what they consider to be a harsh reality of life. When I personally think of what it means to me as an individual, I think of all the blinders that we tend to put up when it comes to living life. I think of the things that I personally would rather not think about, or things that I would rather no address head on. Now again, this is something that a person must define for themselves in their own life. However, for this week's topic I'm going to try and use a few general examples of challenges that the majority of us will have to face throughout our life's journey. The goal this week is to hopefully use this topic to inspire us to see that the things that happen in life that bring us pain and sorrow can be overcome. Furthermore, the idea is to recognize and understand that the harsh realities of life will always exist for as long as we're alive. I believe that anything that is something that will always exist is also something that we as people have to train ourselves to live with.


So what could be deemed as being reality, and why can it considered to be harsh at times? I spoke earlier about having blinders up as an attempt to see life how we would prefer, rather than for how it truly is. Remember the popular movie back in the late 90's titled 'The Matrix'? For those of you that have seen that film, you can recall how the main character in the film, Neo had been living in a false reality. It was only when he took the red pill in the film that he was able to see the real world for how it truly was. This is how it is for many of us when it comes to life. We all have certain things in this life that we would rather put blinders up on to avoid facing. So what could be an example of a reality that is considered to be harsh? The first harsh reality that I initially think of is something that we will have have to experience at some point. I'm talking about the fact that we're all going to die someday. I know that may not apply to everyone, but I think that the idea of dying creates a deal of anxiety in the majority of people. I mean we know that we all will experience it, yet we still fear it for the obvious reasons. Again, this is just one example of a harsh reality, so it isn't only limited to only death. 


Having the ability to be able to handle the harsh realities that come with life can be a daunting task for people. However, from my personal perspective on this subject, the majority of us look at harsh realities in the wrong light. We try to look for ways to handle how to deal with these type of challenges, when we should actually be trying to accept them. I believe that when a person is constantly seeking ways to deal with things that aren't meant to be dealt with because they're evitable, a pattern of bad habits and addictions can develop. Then is when we begin to find ourselves looking for ways to cope. Instead of trying to cope with the hardships that come along with life, I believe that we should try to embrace them as being a part of our life journey. Just as I stated earlier in the post, life can present both its share of good, as well as its set of challenges. None of us can stop the challenges from happening, so I believe that for better or for worse, it is best to just try and embrace them. This is why I believe that it is of importance to be able to handle the harsh realities that come with life. I see this as a very important issue due to the fact that there are so many of us that are vibrating at lower frequencies by implementing bad habits. 


Well that's all that I got for you all this time around. I hope that I was able to give you all something to think about with this topic. I also hope that it was able to serve as a bit of inspiration for any of you that read it. Thank you once again to everyone that came by another installment of 'Brad H.'s Perspective'! Please feel free to leave any comments or feedback if you would like. You can also hit me up on Twitter @BradrickH if you'd like. Well I hope you all have a great weekend, and stay safe out there. I'll see you all on the next topic. Take care everyone! Peace!


©2020 Bradrick H. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment