Saturday, October 26, 2019

How Staying On Your Purpose Can Be A Remedy For Bad Habits.

Habits, habits, habits! You have them, I have them, we all have them. I feel like habits are a topic of interest that I have talked about on here plenty of times in the past. That is definitely the case due the fact that I'm a person that feels that habits can be a deterrence towards productivity. In saying that, I'm not saying that habits are all bad. There are a lot of good habits that a person can have, and that's a terrific thing. However, I think that most of us can agree that our bad habits are more of a problem in our lives than our good habits. It is for that reason why I feel that more credence has to be given to our bad habits. The idea is that ridding our lives of bad habits can help in creating more good habits. If you ask me, this is a win/win situation. Ridding ourselves of bad habits isn't always an easy thing to do. If we're being honest here, there are some bad habits that many of us have that we'll never truly be free of. Even if you have a habit that is deemed bad that you're having a hard time getting out of your life, you can always try and cut back on and limit it. From my perspective, progression should always come before perfection. Now depending on what kind of habits a person has, there are all kinds of reasons for these habits. I'm of the belief that the majority of bad habits stem from too much idle time in our lives. We've all heard the saying that goes; "An idle mind is the devil's playground." Whether you believe that to be true or not is on you, but one of the best ways I feel a person can begin the journey towards eliminating bad habits is getting on your purpose. From my perspective, finding and staying on your purpose is one of the best treatment options that we have for remedying bad habits.

What's going on once again people? Y'all know who it is! It's your boy Brad H. back once again, and welcome to another installment of 'Brad H.'s Perspective'! I am back to bring another topic that can hopefully serve as some inspiration for us all. I hope that all has been good and well for you all as of late. I know I'm one happy guy due to the fact that the NBA is back. If I'm correct about this, this is the only time of the year where the four major sports in America are happening. So we got the MLB World Series happening now between the Houston Astros and Washington Nationals. For those of you that may not know, I am definitely an Astros fan, which means that I am pulling for them to win. I actually got to attend a game this season at Minute Maid park, which was a lot of fun also. The Astros are kinda in a hole as of the moment because they are down 2-1 in the series. However, if they are able to win tonight, we will have a series once again. I will admit that I was somewhat worried when they went down 0-2. I will also admit that I was a bit surprised at how great Washington has been in this series. I know they're a good team, but I figured all that time between their last series and this one would have them rusty. I still believe the Astros are the more dominant team, and I do believe that if they even this series up that they will go on to win it all. Two titles in a three year span would be a great accomplishment. Regardless of the outcome, I think most people that follow baseball can say this has been quite a good season. Baseball will be missed when it's over, but we are in the thick of NFL, and like I pointed out earlier NBA is here. I'm especially excited about NBA because there were so many moves made in the off season that has so many teams looking completely different. Should be an exciting season. Well that's my soapbox for the week, so lets go ahead and talk about how staying on your purpose can be a remedy for bad habits.

In order for us to correlate purpose with being a potential remedy for bad habits, we first have to establish exactly what is our purpose. As with pretty much anything that can be viewed in a variety of ways, purpose can mean different things for different people. From my own personal perspective, along with what I've heard others define in regards to their definition of what purpose is, I view purpose as something or someone that a person is intensely passionate about. I view it as one of the first things that you think of when you wake up, and the last thing you think about when you go to sleep. I see it as the primary reason why you want to wake up in the morning. The beautiful thing about purpose from my perspective is that it can be pretty much anything as long as it's something positive in your life. In essence, it is one of your life's meanings. Now another thing that I want to touch on is that your purpose doesn't have to be just limited to one thing. There are a multitude of things that can interest us, and while some may not agree with what I'm about to say, I say the more the better when it comes to having interests. Now why is finding, being, and staying on our purpose something that I wanted to address before getting into how it can be a cure for bad habits? Well from my perspective, many of us do not really put the energy that we could towards our purpose. It's one of those deals where you're either not doing it at all, or if you are doing it, you're probably just doing it in a recreational capacity. I'm not knocking doing something in a recreational manner, but just think about how well you can do something if you take it more seriously. This is where the shift in thought has to come into play when it comes to purpose.

Now that I've touched on how many of us do not properly utilize our purpose to our advantage, I want to talk about purpose and how it relates to time. If you're someone that is serious about staying on your purpose, you have to understand that it is going to take up a lot of your time. Think of it this way; lets say that a person have a passion for trading stock in the stock market. This person is going to have to probably go through some kind of formal training to learn how it works to make money in the stock market. Not only that, they will likely have to read books and watch videos on the subject. They will probably seek out people in that field that are experts as mentors, and their passion for stock will probably stay consistent. Anything that you are passionate about that has fluidity to it is something that will always require your time. Why is that? Because in order for you to stay atop the trends and changes that happen, you have to be knowledgeable about what is going on. Now we often hear about how important time is and how we shouldn't waste it right? Well for a person that is truly on their purpose, their time is going towards something that their passionate about. When you're passionate about something, you enjoy doing it don't you? It doesn't feel like a hassle or a chore does it? You find that you're so occupied and consumed by it that you often lose track of time. This is how people that are on their purpose feel.

Now we all know that the general definition of a remedy is a cure or solution to a problem right? I'm pretty certain by now, if not earlier, that all of you have caught on to why I believe that being on your purpose is a remedy for bad habits. I believe that an individual that is on their purpose utilizes their time and energy towards their purpose in a certain type of way. If done in a manner which serves them properly, this likely leaves little time for that person to engage in a ton of bad habits. This is why I believe that people that are truly on their purpose probably don't partake in a lot of bad habits. They probably don't have a lot of extra time for things that people who aren't on their purpose do. Now that isn't to say that people on their purpose can't or don't have bad habits. As I brought up earlier in the topic, we all have bad habits regardless of how we use our time. However, if you are a person that finds yourself being unmotivated in life, it would probably be helpful towards you to evaluate what you're giving your time to. If you have any habits that dominate your life to the point where you're potentially self-destructing, you probably should try and find something else better to do with your time. Also, you have to remember that this is a win/win scenario if you drop the bad habits for something more meaningful. Like I wrote about several weeks ago about good habits being a battle that you can only win, staying on your purpose is just the same. Lets work on finding our purpose in this life, and curing ourselves of our bad habit. Again, this is only a battle that you can win.

Well that is all that I have for you all this go around. I hope that those of you that read this found it enjoyable and helpful to your life. It is now time for me to sign off for another week, so thank you once again to those of you that tuned into another installment of 'Brad H.'s Perspective'! As always, if you have any comments or concerns, please leave them below in the comments. You can also link up with me on Twitter at the handle @BradrickH. Man this is the time of the year that I love. Cooler weather and sports all around equals a weekend of probably staying in. I hope that you all are having a great weekend thus far, and I wish you an even better week ahead. I'll see you all on the next go round. Take care everyone, and peace!

©2019 Bradrick H. All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. This is so true with a purpose time really do fly and bad habits become easily forgotten.

    ReplyDelete