Sunday, March 30, 2014

It's All Going To End Someday(Treasuring Those Close to You).

I think that a lot of us take being alive for granted. It's not something I think we do intentionally. After all, being alive is the only thing that we know of. Being alive is the natural thing for us to do. Unless you've had a near death experience or something of that nature, none of us really know what it's like to die. Since being alive is all we know, I think that a lot of us believe that it's always going to be that way. From my perspective, it appears that most of us have to lose someone close to us to really grasp the fact that the gift of being among the living is really precious and valuable. I recall having a conversation with my mother about a month or so ago about how everything we're doing will come to an end someday. I thought that particular conversation would be a good basis for another 'Brad H.'s Perspective' posts.

What's up folks? Hope everything is going well for you all. So for this time around, we're gonna be digging into something that most of us don't really like to think about. Some people may find this blog post kinda sad and depressing. However, a depressing post is not what I'm aiming for, but I also believe in reality as well. Yes life is full of highs and happiness, but in reality, there can also be a lot of pain and sadness at various points of life. Remember some of those risks that we took when we were younger? It could have been anything from jumping from somewhere high up risking injury, or doing anything that could have resulted in a serious injury or death. Most of us engaged in risky behaviors mainly because at the time we done those behaviors, we believed that we were invincible. We're always seeing on the news people dying from taking risks, or we may even personally know someone that done something reckless that resulted in something bad happening. I can't speak for anyone else, but as we get a little more older and wiser, we tend to value our lives a little bit more. Most of us become more conscious of the things we do.

There's a saying that goes "Some people never realize what they got until it's gone." I'm not sure who came up with that phrase, but I think it perfectly describes the mindset of the many. Like I mentioned earlier, it seems that most of us have to lose someone to really see the impact and relevance that they hold in our individual lives. I think that because we're so familiar with being able to call and spend time with someone we care about, we begin to assume that it's always going to be that way. Whenever the time comes when it's no longer that way, it can hit hard like two cars colliding head on. Losing someone we love can be extremely taxing on our minds, and can be so hard to accept at times. This is why I think it's vital for us to do all we can while we can with the people we love.

Life always gets hectic from time to time, and for some people, it tends to be constantly hectic. Despite that, making time for those close to us should always be one of life's priorities. It's easy to live in the moment, and I think living in the moment is important. However, it never hurts to think forward as well. All the things that we're doing right this moment, along with the people we care for aren't guaranteed to always be there - nothing in life is. I told my mom about a month or so ago while going to visit my sister at school that one of the reasons why I enjoy the times she, my sister and I spend together so much, is because I know that someday it's going to end. Whether I leave first, or if it's either one to them that leaves, we're all on borrowed time just as all of us are. That's why I feel it's important to take care and value with everyone you love.

I'm going to go ahead and wrap this post up. The most important thing to remember is that nothing and no one lasts forever. Always live in and enjoy those irreplaceable moments with the people you care for. People always say that life is short, but I feel that life is only short for those people that don't have a better purpose for living besides getting ahead in life. Just keep in mind that no matter how much money or status a person has, it's all empty unless you have people in your life that help give your life a higher sense of purpose. Treasure those precious moments people, because all of this will end someday.

Well that's it for this edition of 'Brad H.'s' Perspective'. Hope you all enjoy the post. Again, I want to say that this post wasn't meant to be negative or depressing. Just wanted to give people something to think about, and show that yes there are good experiences in life, but there will always be tough ones as well. Like all of my posts, everything mentioned applies to myself and how I aim to live. Whether you found it helpful or useful, I appreciate you taking out the time to read these posts. Alright we're signing off for this time around, so everyone stay up and take care. See you in the next one. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment