Saturday, August 3, 2019

Let Your Doubters And Naysayers Be The Fuel To Get You To Where You Want To Be.

I've heard the great motivational speaker by name of Eric Thomas say in one of his past messages that "My haters are my motivation!" Mr. Thomas saying these words aren't the only time I've heard some interpretation of this being said. I believe that some form of this quote is often uttered in the society that we live in today. I believe this is the case due to the fact that nearly everyone nowadays feel like they have "haters" in this life. I personally believe that many of us exaggerate and overstate the term "hater", and the idea of haters is a false perception that we create. Whether the belief that a person has haters in their life is real or a perception is beyond the point, but what I do know is that many of us handle the people that hate on us in this world the wrong way. Now to each's own when it comes to dealing with doubters and naysayers, but I just personally have a belief that so many people resort to anger and bitterness when it comes to dealing with these skeptics. Now if you notice I used the terms "doubters" and "naysayers" instead of "haters", because I personally believe that they're pretty much one in the same for the most part. So going forward in this week's topic, I will be referring to haters as doubters and naysayers. Now as I have already stated, many of us give the wrong type of fuel to those that doubt our abilities. There are many ways that a person can choose to deal with a naysayer and unbeliever when it comes to our abilities, but I personally feel that rather than giving into the negative perceptions and words of these people, we have to let them be the fuel that gets us to where we want to be.

What's good once again everyone? This is your boy Brad H. once again bringing you all another installment of 'Brad H.'s Perspective'! Thank you once again to all of you for joining me once again for another topic that will hopefully serve as some inspiration for us all. I hope everything has been going well for everyone that may be reading this as of late. Of course if that hasn't been the case in your life, stay positive and keep grinding to change that. For the last few installments during my soapbox section I have chosen to talk about the NBA. I mean there has been so much happening during free agency right? However, this week I'm going to address something that I've been watching on the television today that is so tragic. So there was another mass style shooting that happened earlier today in El Paso, Texas. If I'm correct about this, I believe this is the third shooting of this style that has happened in the last couple of weeks. I'm writing this off the cuff, so I hope that is accurate. Anyway, all the details aren't out as of yet since this incident only happened earlier today. From what I have seen there are multiple fatalities and injuries. I want to give my thoughts to the entire city of El Paso, and everyone that has been affected by this. I just think it is truly tragic that places where you wouldn't think of being unsafe are the main places these types of incidents are happening at. I can truly see it getting to a point where we're going to have to go through security procedures nearly everywhere we go. It's truly sad that people resort to having to do things such as this. Again, thoughts and prayers to everyone involved. Something has got to change. This stuff is happening way too often. So now that I've addressed that, it is time to get into this week's topic of letting the doubters and naysayers be the fuel to motivate us.

Now this week's topic is one that I personally like to talk about. My reasoning for this is because I know it is one that most of us can relate to for the most part. The majority of us have all had times in our lives when we've had people doubt whether or not we were able to accomplish something. I believe that probably the worst thing about someone that is a doubter or naysayer is that they aren't prejudice for the most part. When I say that I mean that people of this nature can come in any form when it comes to our interactions with them. If you happened to encounter someone that doubts you, yet you don't have a close relationship with that person, their doubting of you probably wouldn't bother you at much in comparison to a relative or close friend that doubts you. Understandably so, it is those close relationships with the doubters that affect us the most. Part of this stems from the fact that we tend to expect more from the people that we're close to. So many of us have the belief that those we care for will always support and believe in us regardless of how wild our vision may be. However, we have to be mindful that we live in a world of realist for the most part. This doesn't apply to everyone, but most people are quick to shoot down something if they can't see it for themselves. You could tell someone that you have a goal in mind that you want to accomplish, and if the person that you're telling this to can't visualize themselves doing it, they probably will think it's unattainable. This ultimately means that they probably won't support and encourage you in your mission, and as I have stated already, this can often lead to frustration and anger. Basically, it leads to all the wrong things, but I believe there is a way that we can combat against this happening.

Before I get into how we can combat against the doubters and naysayers, I want to do what I normally do with topics of this nature and provide examples of the point that I'm aiming to make for this week. Now when we think of fuel and how it works, we most likely think of a special fluid that goes into a vehicle to make the vehicle run. Another standpoint that that most people view fuel in is from a food point of view. In order for us to have the energy to do things in this life, we obviously have to fuel our bodies with food right? Now the thing about giving fuel to something; regardless of what you're fueling, is not all fuel operates the same. Also, not everything that requires fuel to operate will react in a positive manner. There is such a thing as putting a certain kind of fuel into a car, only to find out that car doesn't perform properly. If an athlete eats something like a cheeseburger before an event they're competing in, that athlete likely won't be at their peak performance had they ate something healthier beforehand. With all of that being said and despite having bad fuel in a vehicle, the bad fuel will eventually cycle out of the car it was in. This means that next time you need gas you can fill it up with better fuel. The athlete that eats the cheeseburger may not perform their best, but depending on what sport they're participating in, they will likely get another chance to eat better before the next event. The point I'm making with these examples and how they relate to this week's topic is that of course doubters and naysayers can frustrate us just like bad fuel frustrates a car, and poor foods frustrates an athlete. However, the the doubts people project upon is is similar to fuel in the sense that those doubts if put into proper context can motivate us, but they eventually can pass on through.

So how can we take the frustration that can happen when people doubt us and use it in a more positive way? Remember how I mentioned how when put into the right context that doubts can help motivate us? You have to always be mindful of what people say while you're in the act of whatever you're seeking. However, instead of being mindful in a negative way that involves anger and frustration, you have to be willing to turn it on itself to where it makes you have a desire to work even harder. From my perspective on this week's topic, a good majority of us allow our frustrations from what naysayers and doubters say to either make us quit completely, or we will eventually forget about what was said and stay mediocre in what we're trying to do. These are the acts that we shouldn't engage in because when you quit or stay mediocre in your goals because of what someone else thinks, you are giving them exactly what they want. You have to be willing to see the doubters and naysayers as a form of competition. We all know how athletes tend to go even harder when they have a rival they're facing. The doubters and naysayers are your rivals, and you can't allow what they say to deter you from winning. Finally, using doubters as fuel isn't about trying to prove something to them. A lot of us would rather do something that we may not entirely want in order to prove other people wrong. I see it more as proving something to yourself in the sense that you are enlightened enough to take negativity from others and use it towards your own good. So don't allow what is said from the doubters and naysayers to affect your personally. Treat it as business, and use it as fuel to get to where you want to be.

Well that is all I got for this week's topic folks! This has once again been another installment of 'Brad H.'s Perspective', and I once again want to thank those of you that stopped by. As always, I hope that there was some understanding that could be taken away from this topic. If anyone has any feedback or anything questions or concerns on this or any of the other topics that I've covered, please hit up the comment section. Also, if you're on Twitter and you'd like to connect with me, you can follow me at the handle @BradrickH. I'm going to go ahead and get out of here, so I hope you all are having a great weekend so far. Also don't forget to keep the people from El Paso in your thoughts. Have a great week ahead everyone, and I'll see you all on the next topic. Peace!

©2019 Bradrick H. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment