Friday, August 5, 2016

Why Not Having Others To Support Or Believe In You Can Be Beneficial.

Love and support from other people are two of the many actions and emotions that this world thrives on. Not only do we all need and want these things as an active part in our lives, we often have a deep desire to receive them from those we care about most. I may be wrong in saying that, and I'm aware that there are some that will disagree. However, I believe anyone that feels otherwise is either fooling themselves, or maybe don't care much about life in general. While it is indeed a fact that we long for others to believe in and support our dreams and aspirations, the fact of the matter is that truth will not always be the case for many of us. Most of us are aware of this, but there will even be times when our own family won't have our backs on the things we're passionate about. Not having their support or belief in us doesn't necessarily make them bad people, it just means that whatever our vision may be at that particular time isn't for them. Understandably so, this can cause most of us to develop bitter feelings and wonder why others do not believe in us. While we may not always understand the reasons, it is actually okay if others do not always believe in the things we do. Furthermore, I'm learning that not having that belief and support from others can actually be beneficial towards our lives if we allow it to.

Hey, what's going on ladies and gentlemen? It's me, Brad H. coming back at you all again, and I'd like to welcome you to another edition of 'Brad H.'s Perspective'! As always, I'm back at it once again to give my perspective on topics that I feel will not only be beneficial for myself, but hopefully for other people as well. I hope that everyone has been doing great since the last entry. If that hasn't been the case for you as of late, keep on persevering and enduring. Remember that things are never as good as they seem, nor are they as bad as we always think. So what's been going on in the world as of late? Well it's a presidential election season, so that of course has been a big topic in the news. The 2016 Olympic games in Rio are currently underway, which is an exciting time for the world, however, the event is being somewhat overshadowed by the water crisis happening there. On a more happier note, we're in the month of August, which means that football is right around the corner. I was having a discussion just yesterday with someone about how fast this summer has seemingly gone by. I think that most of us can agree that it's been a very hot one, so I'm definitely not going to complain about it coming to an end soon. I'd like to give a big shout out and wish good luck to all the countries participating in the Olympic games. I'm hopeful that the United States will bring back the bulk of gold medals. Alright, now that I've gotten on my little soapbox for a bit, it's time to get into this week's topic of why not having support from others can actually be beneficial.

As I always mention in my writings, a person's individual viewpoint on a topic will always vary. The focus here isn't to put too much emphasis on what is considered to be right or wrong, but rather to give those that read something to hopefully think about and consider more in depth. My main goal with this entry and this blog in general is to hopefully inspire others, as well as myself via this platform. Of course if anyone happens to feel differently or disagree with my views on this or any of the topics I write about, that is totally okay with me. So how did this topic of how others not having belief in us can be beneficial come about you may wonder? Like the majority of the topics that I write about, it deals with personal experiences that I'm either currently facing, or have dealt with in the past. This particular topic for me is interesting in the sense that I know where I once was in regards to how I reacted to others not believing in me, and now I have a clearer understanding of how and why it can actually be beneficial to our lives. I want to stress that I'm not saying that we don't need support or belief from others, especially our friends and family. Having their support is crucial to any successes that we hope to achieve. However, my aim is to hopefully show how a negative can become a positive with a change in our state of mind.

As I stated earlier in this post, many of us often become angry and bitter whenever the people we love most don't take interest in the things we're passionate about. The result of this causes many of us often develop a "me against the world" type of mentality that can alienate us from those we're closest to. While some may see this mentality as a positive thing for becoming extra motivated to prove others wrong, I personally see this mentality as being self defeating in the sense that it doesn't accomplish much. First off, we should never push away the people we're close to if it can be prevented. Like I stated earlier, a person not believing in the same things you do doesn't make them a bad person; it just means that they don't see eye-to-eye with you on a particular aspect of life. Now I understand that in some cases that a split cannot be helped, but learning how to coexist and get along with others despite having differences of opinion is important. Secondly, because the me against the world mentality frequently stems from the anger and bitterness of not feeling support, it can be counterproductive in the sense that the anger is negative energy. From my perspective, the angrier you become regardless of who or what it is directed towards, the more room you leave for mistakes and bad decisions. This is something that I've written about in the past.

Now with all that has been pointed thus far, some of you may wonder; how exactly can not having support be beneficial for us? Well from my perspective and from my personal experiences as of late, it can help in teaching us how to develop a stronger belief within ourselves; something that many of us lack. See, there's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting others to believe in and support us, however, the problem is that we often become too reliant on others for this support. We have become so accustomed to relying on validation and support from others, that we forget that the most important validation should come from within ourselves. The biggest reason I see this as a beneficial thing has to do with the added bonuses that come along with having self belief first. The biggest bonus that I would point out is the added confidence in going after what you're passionate about. The added boost of confidence comes from having the extra inner belief that you don't need anyone else to motivate you to do the things you want. You're able to look at yourself from a more positive perspective when you have an added boost of self belief. Another bonus I would add is the development of a stronger mind and will to succeed in the things you want. I believe that not having others in your corner can help train our minds towards becoming more disciplined, and we all know that discipline is needed when it comes to going after our ambitions.

Having that added belief and support from others can greatly help us in achieving the things we want, but not having it doesn't mean it's the end of the world. Think of it like this here; when we're faced with difficult issues, we can either wallow in them ,or make the choice to do something about it. If we sit around and wallow because our family and friends don't see the same vision we do, then we'll never have the motivation to do anything. If we make the choice to do something about it, we'll come to realize that having their blessings for the things that are important to us only adds to our lives, rather than being the sole motivating factor in our lives. I know that I've touched on a lot here, but my advice for anyone that struggles with this is to train your mind to develop an almost unbreakable feeling of self belief first. Don't ever allow others opinions of the things you enjoy doing deter you from staying on your path. Whatever path that you're on is for you and you alone. Don't get down because people doubt you, but let their doubts be a driving force for you to keep on pressing forward. Most importantly, remember that having support from others is always helpful, but having faith in ourselves is all we really need. Not having others to believe in us can be make an already difficult journey even rougher, but it can truly be beneficial to our lives if we maintain an open mind.

Well we've come to the end now, so I'm going to go ahead and sign off for this time. I hope that I was able to get my point across in this entry of 'Brad H.'s Perspective', so thank you again for anyone that stopped by. Like I always mention at the conclusion of my writings, I hope that some meaning and understanding was gained from this post. If that happens to not be the case for you, your visit is still greatly appreciated. Feel free to leave any feedback and comments below. For those of you following the Olympic games, I hope you enjoy them. Alright, I'm out, so have a great weekend everyone. Till next time, I wish you all peace and positive thoughts. See you in the next one!

©2016 Bradrick H. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment