Monday, November 7, 2011

Couch to 5k week five is complete. Onto week 6.

Hello once again. It's your man Brad H. coming back at you all once again. Hope everyone is doing well. I meant to post this blog post on Saturday night, but I got busy with some things and was unable to do so. So if anyone read my last post, you all know that I'm currently participating in the Couch to 5k running program. If you read deeper into that post, you know that I was in week 5 of the program. I am happy to say that I have officially finished week 5 of the C25k program. Day 3 of week 5 started out with a 5 minute warm up walk, followed by 20 minutes of non stop running. I must admit that this was the most challenging day of the program so far.

I went to the local park with my younger sister. She started out running with me, and after a mile she stopped. After she stopped, I still had 10 minutes left to go in my run. I had to dig deep and really push myself to continue going. When the podcast told me that I had finished up my 20 minutes of running, I was relieved and happy that I accomplished this goal. So now we are onto week 6 of the program. I have yet to download the podcast for this week, so I'm not sure what to expect as of yet.

I am learning much through this journey of the C25k program. I already knew and believed that exercise and fitness is mental, but now I'm living it. When I feel myself getting tired, I have to tap into that mental energy to get me through. It can definitely be hard work, but it's well worth it. Well that's all for this time. I hope to be writing on my week 6 progress in the next couple of days. Till that time comes, peace and blessings to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment